||Business Valuation & Litigation Support
Valuation analysts are not created equal – an important fact to keep in mind when you need to assess the value of any business, enterprise or intangible asset. Specialized knowledge is essential if you want an accurate assessment. Whether you are selling your business, have eminent domain issues, getting a divorce or doing estate or gift tax planning – you want to be able to rely on the valuation you receive.
Potential buyers, lending institutions, and anyone who wants to know the real market value of your business will demand concise, conclusive documentation. A thorough valuation will reduce questions and ambiguities, which in turn will minimize your legal exposure. Only a qualified business valuator can give you the confidence and peace of mind that you will receive a professional product. Only a qualified business valuation can tell you, objectively and precisely, what a business is worth in your marketplace.
Objectivity is also a must. Most problems with business valuations arise when an advisor’s personal views and emotions have influenced their decisions. We are committed to the highest ethical and professional standards – which will ensure that you receive an objective valuation.
We also deliver a report that is clear and comprehensible. Our findings and conclusions will be presented in a fully documented report that is logical and understandable to anyone – even if they have little business or financial knowledge.
Detailed analysis include:
- Understanding the nature, history and operations of the business
- Understanding of general economic conditions and that of the specific industry
- Assessment of market share, business segments and key personnel
- Analysis of the underlying asset values and historical and projected earnings
- Analysis of dividend history and stock transactions
- Analysis of comparable company data or transactions
- Development of appropriate valuation approaches and methodology
- Development of appropriate capitalization factors
- Analysis of appropriate discounts for minority interest and lack of marketability
- Preparation of comprehensive valuation report
- Evaluation of tax consequences
Our services include:
- Analyzing financial statements and tax returns
- Developing appropriate methodologies based upon the type of loss
- Analysis, interpretation of personal, business and financial records including investigative analysis
- Research to develop appropriate and defensible assumptions and variables
- Preparation of trial exhibits and demonstrative aids
- Assisting counsel with trial preparation, examination of witnesses, etc.
- Providing testimony at deposition and trail in federal or state courts
When you’re engaged in litigation, a credible, skilled expert can be one of your best assets. The situation calls for someone with the technical skill to identify and interpret important information as well as the ability to present – and defend – the findings as easy-to-understand language at depositions and in court.
Divorce – Preparation of net worth, child support and alimony analysis to assist in equitable property distribution and support payments. Services include analysis of lifestyle during the period of marriage, valuation of assets and liabilities, analysis of any special equity claims, preparation of equitable distribution schedules, calculation of alimony and child support, and forensic analysis of financial records.
Business Damages – Ascertaining financial impact of inventory theft, fire losses, utility interruptions, eminent domain, breach of contract and losses from natural disaster. Assisting counsel with such matters as reasonable compensation, bankruptcy and reorganization plans special asset situations and wrongful termination. Analysis of lost earnings from breach of contract, wrongful termination and other types of business contractual disputes. Services include analysis of business and financial records as well as development of projections and trends for a business both before and after an incident.